Orthopedic and Medico-Legal Services
ORTHOPEDIC MEDICINE & SURGERY (@ Ransom Memorial)
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics (joint reconstruction & replacement)
- Adult cervical & lumbar spine surgery (spine fellowship trained)
- General orthopedics (adult & pediatric fractures, minor hand surgery, etc.)
ORTHOPEDIC MEDICO-LEGAL EXPERT SERVICES
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Disability Examinations
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury Case Reviews
- Medical Tort Case Reviews
- Deposition & Trial Testimony–“Bringing Science to the Courtroom”
Illustration from “Orthopaedia” by Nicolas Andry (translated into English, 1743), advocating a splinting method “for recovering the Shape of the Leg, as is used for making streight the crooked Trunk of a young Tree.”
Russell Hibbs (1869-1932) was the pioneer of spinal fusion in an era of rampant tuberculosis and poliomyelitis. The Scoliosis Research Society honors his name with an annual research award (which, by some miracle, I won, along with my great mentor Marc Asher). I still have a Hibbs retractor in my spine trays.
Dr. Dale Dalenberg is a physician employee at Ransom Memorial Hospital, a member of The North American Spine Society (NASS), and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).